5 Tips to Maintain Your Skin this Summer
Never Forget Your Sunscreen
Florida Women's Law Group
5 Tips To Maintain Your Skin This SummerAuthor: Staff
Date: Jun 18 2023
The intense heat of a Florida summer can take a toll on your delicate skin. Sun exposure, high temperatures, and humidity can trigger a range of skin problems, including: acne, dry patches, pigmentation changes and blemishes. Fortunately, there are a number of simple measures you can adopt to minimize these issues and ensure that your skin stays healthy and nourished. Here are our top 5 tips for safeguarding your skin during the summer months.
- Never Forget Your Sunscreen
- This is something that you absolutely cannot forget during summers.
- Adequate sun protection for your face, hands, legs and any other exposed body parts is crucial.
- Skin damage from excessive UV exposure can lead to various negative effects such as sunburn, wrinkles, fine lines, skin cancer, and accelerated aging.
- Not all sunscreens are created equal so you may have to do some research to find the one that’s right for your particular skin type.
- Stay Hydrated
- Drink lots of water!
- Keep a water bottle on hand at all times to ensure hydration throughout the day.
- For a refreshing change, consider trying coconut water or water infused with cucumbers/lemons/fruit.
- Don’t forget to keep your skin hydrated from the outside, too! Moisturizing lotions will help with keeping your skin looking radiant and hydrated.
- Add Fruits and Vegetables to Your Diet
- In order to keep your skin looking radiant, proper nourishment is essential. With summer in full swing, maintaining a healthy diet is paramount.
- Incorporating chlorophyll-rich foods and water-rich fruits and vegetables, such as watermelon, is highly recommended.
- These foods contain vital vitamins, nutrients, omega-3 fatty acids and antioxidants that increase collagen production, decrease inflammation and safeguard your skin from the negative effects of the sun.
- Take it Easy on the Makeup
- During the summer, it is recommended to go for a lighter makeup regimen that allows your skin to breathe better.
- You may want to consider using a tinted moisturizer with sun protection factor (SPF) instead. This is not only a great alternative, but also a better option for your skin.
- Don’t Forget to Get Enough Sleep
- It is critical that your body has adequate time to restore itself and sustain healthy skin.
- With the extended summer periods, we frequently remain active for prolonged periods.
- Sufficient sleep aids in avoiding signs of aging, enhancing skin barrier function, and providing an overall refreshed appearance. Ensure you prioritize adequate rest to preserve your skin's health.
Excessive exposure to heat, sunlight, and humidity can negatively impact your skin. However, there is good news – maintaining good skin health and restoring its natural balance and glow is within reach. By adopting a regular skincare routine, maintaining a healthy diet and utilizing simple yet effective remedies, you can ensure that your skin stays at its best this summer.
There are many ways to take care of yourself. If you have legal needs, reach out to Florida Women's Law Group. We’re here to help.